Awards and obligations
- Grand Prix (1 piece): NT$1,000,000(including fees of acquisition), Residency Program, NT$ 500,000 funding for solo exhibition in the Yingge Ceramics Museum, a trophy and a certificate.
- Gold (1 piece): NT$600,000(including fees of acquisition), Residency & Artists’ Project, a trophy and a certificate.
- Silver (1 piece): NT$400,000(including fees of acquisition), Residency & Artists’ Project, a trophy and a certificate.
- Bronze (1 piece): NT$250,000(including fees of acquisition), a trophy and a certificate.
- Special (9 pieces): NT$50,000(including fees of acquisition), a certificate.
- Recommendation (several pieces): a certificate.
- Selected works (approximately 80 recipients): a certificate of selection.
- Each prizewinner and selected work recipient will receive a copy of the publication of this Biennale.
- The awards may remain vacant according to the resolution of the jurors.
- The Grand Prix, Gold, Silver, and Bronze Prize recipients are each eligible for funding for travel expense (a round-trip economy class airline ticket to Taiwan or a round-trip Taiwan High Speed Rail ticket) and three days’ accommodation.
- Room and full board upon arrival will be free of charge for the Special, Recommendation and Selected Works winners during this event, while the airfare as well as the visa application remains the participant’s responsibility.
- All monetary prizes are subject to tax withholding in accordance to applicable tax laws of the Republic of China.
- The rights of the works of the Grand Prix, Gold, Silver, and Bronze Awards shall become the property of the New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum.
- The above award-winners will also be required to participate in the promotional activities to be held during the opening of the exhibition (the precise time to be announced)
4、Exhibitions & Residency Program：
- Solo Exhibition for Grand Prix winner: The Grand Prix winner must hold solo exhibition in the Yingge Ceramics Museum before the end of 2021, and will sign a separate agreement with the Museum.
- Residency & Artists’ Exhibition Project:
- The Grand Prix, Gold and Silver prizewinners are required to participate in the Residency Program during the exhibition opening. If it is impossible for the prizewinners to participate in the artist-in-residency program during the time of the Biennale exhibition, they may defer completion of the residency up to the end of 2021, but in that case, the cost of the round-trip airfare must be borne by the artists.
- If the prizewinners cannot participate in the artist-in-residency program, then all rights shall be considered self-forfeited. Each artist in the residency program will have living stipend (NT$600 pre-tax per day and maximum of 90 days), basic materials for creation (Invoices are required for payment), and three months’ lodging of suite room and quasi-opened working environment.
- The prizewinners will also have the chance to be recommended by the Museum to consign artworks for sale in the Museum Shop and will sign a separate agreement with the Museum.
- In the period of residency, the Museum will arrange each artist to provide feedback to Yingge region and surrounding Schools, including lecture, speech, performance, or educational activities.
- The Museum will arrange a collective exhibition for artists (the Gold and Silver winners) during the Residency Program.
- For matters not included in the rules, each prizewinner will sign a separate agreement with the Museum.